Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable treatment specifically made to address submental fat, which is the fat that accumulates under the chin. This excess fat can lead to the appearance of a “double chin.” Kybella utilizes a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring substance that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When Kybella is administered into the submental fat, it disrupts the fat cell membranes, causing them to break down and be naturally eliminated by the body’s metabolic processes.
Kybella effectively reduces submental fat, resulting in a more contoured, defined jawline and aesthetically pleasing neck profile. The active ingredient in Kybella, deoxycholic acid, destroys the fat cells it targets. Once these fat cells are eliminated, they cannot store or accumulate fat again in the treated area. By reducing the volume of fat under the chin, Kybella can improve the face’s overall appearance, making it look more youthful and sculpted. Above all these processes, Kybella offers a non-surgical alternative to procedures like liposuction or neck lift surgery, making it a convenient and minimally invasive option for those looking to address submental fat without surgery.
Is Kybella safe for pregnant and breastfeeding?
The use of Kybella or any other cosmetic injectable treatment should be approached with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and it’s generally not recommended for several reasons:
First, there are unknown risks. Since there is limited data on the safety of Kybella in pregnant and breastfeeding individuals, it’s unclear whether the treatment could have any adverse effects on the mother or the developing fetus or infant. While Kybella is designed to target and break down fat cells in a localized area (under the chin), systemic absorption of the active ingredient, deoxycholic acid, could affect other body areas; this is a concern during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Additionally, pregnancy and breastfeeding involve significant hormonal changes in the body, which can affect how the body responds to treatments. The safety of cosmetic procedures during these periods should be well-documented.
For safety and suitability assurance, consult your healthcare provider and take some necessary actions.
Where can you get Kybella?
Kybella is a prescription medication, and as such, it can only be performed by a licensed healthcare professional, typically a qualified healthcare provider or a cosmetic surgeon. It is not available for purchase over the counter or for use at home.
If you are considering Kybella treatment, you should consult a healthcare professional trained and experienced in administering this injectable treatment. Based on your aesthetic goals, medical history, and expectations, they can evaluate your needs and determine whether Kybella is an appropriate option.
You can typically find Kybella treatments at:
- Dermatology Clinics: Dermatologists often offer Kybella treatments as part of their cosmetic services.
- Plastic Surgery Centers: Many plastic surgery centers provide Kybella treatments as a part of their range of cosmetic procedures.
- Medical Spas: Some medical spas that offer cosmetic treatments under the supervision of medical professionals may also provide Kybella injections.
Does Kybella remove chin fat permanently?
Yes, Kybella is designed to remove chin fat permanently. Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable treatment created to target and eliminate submental fat. Once you have achieved the desired reduction in submental fat, you should not expect those specific fat cells to return. However, it’s important to note that Kybella targets fat cells only in the treated area, and if you were to gain weight in the future, your body could still accumulate fat in other areas.
What are some tricks to hide a double chin?
Hiding a double chin can be done with various techniques, including makeup, clothing choices, and posture. Here are some tricks to help conceal a double chin:
- Hairstyle: Certain hairstyles can help draw attention away from your chin. Longer hair or layers that frame your face can effectively disguise a double chin.
- Makeup: Makeup can contour your face and create the illusion of a slimmer jawline. Use a slightly darker shade of foundation or bronzer along the jawline and under the chin to create shadows and make the chin area appear less prominent.
- Clothing: Wear V-necks or scoop necklines to draw the eye downward and away from your chin. Avoid high-neck tops or turtlenecks, which can accentuate a double chin. Additionally, dark-colored clothing can be more slimming.
- Accessories: Statement necklaces or scarves can divert attention from your chin by drawing the eye upward. These accessories can add visual interest to your outfit and help balance the appearance of your chin.
- Good Posture: Maintain good posture by holding your shoulders back and your head high. Proper posture can make your neck and chin area appear more elongated and less pronounced.
- Chew Gum or Sip Water: Chewing gum or sipping water throughout the day can help keep your facial muscles engaged and prevent the chin area from sagging.
- Facial Exercises: Specific facial exercises are designed to strengthen and tone the muscles in the neck and chin area. These exercises can help improve the jawline’s appearance over time.
- Wardrobe Choices: Opt for structured or tailored clothing that defines your waist, which can draw attention to your midsection and away from your chin. A well-fitted blazer or jacket can also create a more streamlined look.
- Good Lighting: When taking photos, choose lighting that minimizes shadows on your chin. Natural light from the front can help reduce the double chin appearance in photographs.
- Distract with Makeup: Bold lipstick or eye makeup can divert attention from your chin. Attention to other facial features can help minimize the focus on your chin.
While these tricks can help you temporarily hide a double chin, it’s important to remember that they are not permanent solutions. If you are looking for a long-term solution to reduce a double chin, consider options like Kybella.
Remember that having a double chin is normal. But if it affects your confidence, go for some physical alternatives. Experience the Kybella goodness at Avid Aesthetics and Wellness. Get in touch and let them take care of your double chin!